Cumnock Rugby Club's Fan Box

Cumnock Rugby Club on Facebook

Tuesday 30 June 2009

Attention - 5th September

Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone is well

The reason I am contacting all the former players and friends of Cumnock Rugby Club that I can think of is to see if I can organise a big get together for the first home league game of the season (either the 5th or 12th of September).

I decided to do this after 2 events which happened over the last year.

The first one was a sponsors day at the club when I was in the company of Jock Murdoch (these prawns are crunchy). There were a few old faces we hadn’t seen for a few years and we were both discussing how good it was to catch up. John suggested getting together the players from his time playing at Cumnock for a sponsored day at the club.

The second event was much sadder at Nan Murray’s funeral when loads of old faces turned up in really unfortunate circumstances. I was talking to Harry Reilly (now our Youth President) who suggested that we should try and get these ex players and members together on a more regular basis to catch up with each other and also to add something to the club.

It is sometimes only when you meet these old faces or look at old pictures that you remember what fantastic times we all had at CRFC over the years. The number of people that have passed through the club over the years is enormous and is always great to bump into them.

I have decided see if I can pull together a big reunion of all these old faces (your own included) for the first home game of the season. The idea is that we come together on a sponsors day catch up and also see the crop of really good young boys that are moving into our senior team this year.

I have spoken to Davie Murray (Ernie Bilko) about this and I am really pleased that he has agreed to be the compare for the event. I know giving Davie a microphone is a recipe for disaster but I honestly can’t think of anyone who represents the good times at Cumnock Rugby Club so well over the years.

As you know Davie has played rugby at Cumnock for over 50 years starting in the late fifties. He is the self confessed best kicker the club ever had and sacrificed an international career as a cabaret star to focus on captaining the Mean Machine.

In order to get as many people as possible to come along I would appreciate it if you would send this email on to any ex member or player that you know or send their details to me and I’ll contact them.

Also I am looking for old pictures relating to the club. If you have any could you scan them in and send them back to me.

I really hope that if I can pull this together it will be one of the best days we have ever had at the club. It will also show the new young players the number of people out there who are supporting their efforts.

Hope to see you all soon,


Thanks to Morton Houston for above post.

Cumnock chatboard link


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: